Resources and care. Times three.
The effort, formerly known as the Child Family Community Collaboration, has re-launched as YouthPort. Providing a safe harbor for families and neighborhoods, guiding and supporting for a better community.
Each organization pools their resources to impact families in three neighborhoods:
- Polk Alternative Education Center neighborhood
- Hoover Elementary School neighborhood
- Taylor Elementary School neighborhood
Visit the YouthPort website to discover how this powerful joint effort will revolutionize how we serve families.
YouthPort has been very active in the past year to help facilitate new programming through our partnership agencies to better meet the needs of our neighborhoods. Some examples of the new programs that YouthPort has facilitated includes:
- Small group therapy: combining the needs existing in some students in the school-based sites we serve with the professional therapists from Tanager Place! For more info on this, please click here.
- Lunch & Literacy: In an effort to work with Young Parents Network and their early literacy initiatives, we facilitated a program in which we paired volunteers with BGCCR K-4th Grade Students over their lunch break. Volunteers were able to have lunch with their buddies and read to them during the lunch hour, providing intentional and targeted reading enhancement skills as well as building healthy relationships with a positive role model.
- Pack The Playground: We hosted our first annual summer picnic to celebrate all of the success we’ve had over the last year! Over 200 YouthPort participants were provided a meal and enjoyed a lot of fun with face painting, dunk tanks, bouncy houses, and lots, lots more!