Ready to get involved with Young Parents Network? We take applications at any time to keep on file when we have open positions. You can email your resume to email@example.com or mail them to our offices at 420 6th Street SE, Suite #260, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401.
If you’d like to get to know how we work, consider volunteering with YPN to get to know the staff and our clients. A background check is required for all volunteers.
JOB TITLE: Prenatal Program Specialist
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Prenatal Program Specialist is responsible for providing day-to-day programming for prenatal mothers & fathers, and newborn parents.
Programming includes facilitating groups and/or home visits as appropriate or required.
REPORTS TO: The Supervising Program Manager and Executive Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Support staff as identified, Prenatal Program Volunteers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identifies community resources for prenatal program participants and establishes relationships with such resources
• Develops and nurtures key partnerships to promote and evolve the YPN prenatal program
• Assists in securing funding for continued support of the prenatal program
• Assists in data collection and reporting outcomes/successes to funders and/or key program partnerships
• Provides staff support and/or training as appropriate to enhance prenatal program services
• Assists in the enrollment process of participants into the appropriate prenatal services
• Provides a level of medical expertise to enhance prenatal services for participants
• Works as a team member in the coordination and management of group including child care, transportation, food, activities and curriculum for each group
• Plans and provides specialty group experiences for families as appropriate and necessary
• Assists in recruiting, training and supporting volunteer group facilitators
• Contacts referrals in a timely manner and in such a way as to engage programming services
• Completes participant intakes in a timely manner
• Monitors participant attendance and problem solves with participants any barriers to attendance and any other life issues that may arise with participants
• Conducts hospital visits and postpartum home visits to new mother participants
• Updates program information with referring agencies, and networks with community professionals and resource providers
• Completes program evaluations and participant assessments as required
In-home Support as needed
• Assists in delivery of prenatal materials and resources in the home setting
• Provides a safe learning environment for the expectant parent(s) and support people
• Supports the family in the implementation of healthy behavior choices to ensure the birth of a healthy baby
• Interfaces with other program staff and community partners to ensure that the needs of the family are met
• Provides support/information as needed to other parent educators providing prenatal home visits
• Follows or exceeds agency standards for documentation completion
• Completes accurate and timely documentation of all service activities
• Maintains current database participant information as required
• Provides professional written and verbal communication
Responsible Work Performance Expectations
• Practices preventative, safe work habits
• Observes all laws, safety mandates, agency expectations, and regulations
• Reports all injuries and incidents per agency & program protocol
• Provides timely employment paperwork
• Participates in required trainings as scheduled and Broadway Maybies fundraiser
Support Agency/Program Mission & Values
• Interacts with youth & families in a respectful, strength-based manner
• Provides services to families in a culturally competent manner
• Proactively contributes to the professional development of self & team
• Follows and models the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards as outlined in the YPN Agency Handbook
• All other duties as assigned by agency needs
QUALIFICATION/REQUIREMENTS: Nursing or human service related degree required and 5 years’ experience working with young families, with prenatal experience preferred; basic computer skills, data entry, people skills, lifting & hauling necessary items to and from group site; able to work normal business hours with some flexibility; Thursday evenings required and other evening and weekend work is possible.
FULL-TIME; NON-EXEMPT STATUS
To print this job posting please download Prenatal program Specialist 7-14-17.